    of unallocated heap? If so, doesn't the difference indicated here seem
    excessive?

    Thanks,
    Jason Collins, Feb 17, 2004

  2. Jason Collins

    bruce barker Guest

    private bytes includes all code, managed data and unmanaged data. also clr
    memory bytes is the usage of the heap, not the heap size.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    "Jason Collins" <> wrote in message

    > Win 2K3 Server; Framework 1.1
    >
    > If I look at the asp.net process in perfmon, it reports 650,000,000 bytes
    > for Memory:private Bytes, yet .NET CLR Memory:# Bytes in all Heaps reports
    > only 80,650,000 bytes.
    >
    > Why the large discrepancy? Does the ASP.NET process just have a huge

    amount

    bruce barker, Feb 17, 2004

  3. Hi Jason,

    Thank you for using MSDN Newsgroup!

    As you know the CLR is loaded into the ASP.NET process(it's aspnet_wp.exe
    in IIS5).The application domains are defined within the process, and your
    code is executed within those domains. As Bruce said, there are many others
    take the memory except CLR. And the ASP.NET local managed heap is not a
    part of CLR , but private bytes includes it. So it's reasonable for the
    perform data you have seen.

    Best Regards,

    Frank Lee
    Microsoft Online Support