Private Virtual Method

Guest

Hi Ron,

MSDN says
The virtual keyword is used to modify a method, property, indexer or event
declaration, and allow it to be overridden in a derived clas.
You cannot use the virtual modifier with the static, abstract, private or
override modifiers.
The new class—the derived class— gains all the non-private data and behavior
of the base class in addition to any other data or behaviors it defines for
itself.

So why we would need a private virual method as it wouldn't be overridden in
the derived class because it would not have acces to it.

So exactly in which scenario do you wnat a private virtual method?

Regards,
Nishant Rana