prob with ActiveState and FireFox on Win32 (XP and W2K)

curtin

hi,
i just downloaded the latest version of ActiveState's IDE (pywin 2.4.X)
and have noticed that i can't have firefox/ActiveState open at the same
time. if i try to create a 'new' script, the AS IDE blocks till i
tear down firefox. this is on an XP and W2K box.

i did some digging on ActiveState's site, and googled but no luck.

anyone see this before?

thanks,

craig

Trent Mick

[curtin wrote]
hi,
i just downloaded the latest version of ActiveState's IDE (pywin 2.4.X)
and have noticed that i can't have firefox/ActiveState open at the same
time. if i try to create a 'new' script, the AS IDE blocks till i
tear down firefox. this is on an XP and W2K box.

I suspect that you mean the *Pythonwin IDE* that is part of the *PyWin32
extensions* that comes as a standard part of *ActivePython* (a distro of
Python).

I can't reproduce this problem on my machine. I'm not sure how there
could be crosstalk between Pythonwin and Firefox.

Trent

John Roth

curtin said:
hi,
i just downloaded the latest version of ActiveState's IDE (pywin 2.4.X)
and have noticed that i can't have firefox/ActiveState open at the same
time. if i try to create a 'new' script, the AS IDE blocks till i
tear down firefox. this is on an XP and W2K box.

i did some digging on ActiveState's site, and googled but no luck.

anyone see this before?

Haven't seen it, but I do have a question: do you have Firefox
extensions? If so, disable them and see if the problem persists.

I certainly don't see it with PythonWin and Firefox. Of course,
neither is the latest version, and I have no Firefox extensions.

John Roth