Probably a daft Table width question

harry

I have 10 columns in a table that have their width's set - the toal widhts
exceed the screen width.

I want the browser (IE 5.5) to show horiz scrollbars for the remainder. If I
do not set the table width it auto sizes the width to fit the screen width
ignoring the columns widths.

Do I have to set the table width in pixcels to the total width of all the
columns to achieve this or is there a way of making the table width = the
total column widths automatically?

thanks

harry

Dan

harry said:
I want the browser (IE 5.5) to show horiz scrollbars for the remainder. If I
do not set the table width it auto sizes the width to fit the screen width
ignoring the columns widths.

Maybe *you* use IE 5.5, but why are you assuming that all of your
possible users do too? Perhaps some are using something superior, like
Mozilla.

It's generally best to design your site flexibly so that it copes with
differences of resolution instead of trying to force itself into one
particular size.

harry

the app I'm developing is for use on an Intranet where there are no other
Browsers but IE 5.5 - can I do what my original question asked?