probably OT, but bear me out..firefox javsacsript?

The Natural Philosopher

Somewhere along the line of upgrades, something weird has happened to my
browser.

Javascript enabled popup windows dont clear away completely when I
scroll off them Not mouse off per se, but scroll off using the scroll
wheel. They leave partial fragments behinmd that get potentially
overwritten by other popups.

Now I had assumed that thee fragments were screen artefacts, to do with
the OS graphics system, and not the browser or JavaScript at all BUT I
noticed a weird thing, that tends to say they may be.

Mousing over these redundant fragments causes mouseover events that
would have been triggered by the original popups, to trigger.

So is this a javascript issue after all?

does javascript maintain an internal table of what is visible or not
visible, or does it in some way reflect the actual display underneath so
to speak?

Platform is latest firefox and indeed Iceweasel as well,, on a debian
lenny stable running latest kernels, if that helps/.

I've run the same browser code on Macintosh and windows, and it doesn't
show the problems.

SAM

Le 3/16/10 4:15 PM, The Natural Philosopher a écrit :
[...]

So it is really a Linux question (or hard equipment ?), no ?

If no Java or Flash is running in that popup or somewhere else,
perhaps could it be a question of CSS ? (overflow...)