probelm in executing exe from web app

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Yoshitha, Aug 10, 2005.

  1. Yoshitha

    Yoshitha Guest

    HI

    I am calling exe (vb.net application) from web application for this i wrote

    code like this

    system.diagnosis.process.start("e:\...")

    i wrote above code in button click event.

    inorder to work this application i made few changes

    1. in machine.cinfig file, in <Process Model> entitity i changed on of the

    attribute username to "SYSTEM" from machine

    2. Administrative tools/services/IIS Admin Services
    double click the admin service then in LOgon tab i've checked "Allow Sevices
    TO access Desktop"

    then stop the service and then start the service.

    after making these 2 changes then my application is working.
    i've tested this application in windows 2000 professional and it is working

    but when am testing the same application windows Server 2003 it is not
    executing the exe though i made the 2 chages i said above.

    Please Can anubody tell me how to sove this problem.
    This is very urgent for me.
    Thanx in advance

    Kiran

    Yoshitha, Aug 10, 2005