proble with web.config

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by aa, Dec 23, 2003.

  1. aa

    aa Guest

    I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub
    folder page he me show the error
    Configuration Error

    in IIS.

    Source Error:

    Line 82: <location path="Gedimai">
    Line 83: <system.web>
    Line 84: <authentication mode="Windows">
    Line 85: </authentication>
    Line 86: <authorization>

    Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\web.config Line: 84

    ----
    Version:1.1.4322.573

    aa, Dec 23, 2003

  2. In .Net configuration files, there are <section> elements which have a
    number of attributes, one of which is the "allowDefinition" attribute. This
    attribute defines where this configuration section is allowed to be defined.
    When a configuration section has this element set to "MachineToApplication"
    it means that the section can appear in the machine.config file, and in
    application-level web.config files, which can overrule the machine.config
    settings on an individual web basis. You can put a web.config file in a
    sub-folder of an application; however, you can not have any sections with
    "allowDefinition" attribute set to "MachineToApplication" in them. Only the
    web.config file in the root folder of the web application can have these
    sections in it.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "aa" <> wrote in message
    > I am using VS2003 and when I am launching the web application in the sub
    > folder page he me show the error
    > Configuration Error

    file
    > required to service this request. Please review the specific error details
    > below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
    >
    > Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as
    > allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This

    error
    > can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an

    application
    > in IIS.
    >
    > Source Error:
    >
    > Line 82: <location path="Gedimai">
    > Line 83: <system.web>
    > Line 84: <authentication mode="Windows">
    > Line 85: </authentication>
    > Line 86: <authorization>
    >
    > Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\Pirmadienis\web.config Line: 84

    > ----
    > Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.573;

    ASP.NET

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 23, 2003