problem about qq/.../;

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by ckacka, Mar 5, 2004.

  1. ckacka

    ckacka Guest

    Hello, I use

    print qq/<!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"
    \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\">\n\n/;

    get 500 error.

    and I use

    print "<!DOCTYPE html
    PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"
    \"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd\">\n\n";

    get 200.

    _______

    but I think there is no difference.

    Why? Thanks.

    ckacka, Mar 5, 2004

  2. ckacka

    Ben Morrow Guest

    "ckacka" <> wrote:
    > Hello, I use
    >
    > print qq/<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"

    ^^
    qq// will stop at the first /. Either escape them with \ or use different
    delimiters.

    Ben

    From the liver of a friend of yours. / Excuse the arrow but I have no spoon.
    /Alcestis/) [ flame, and falls out of sight. ]

    Ben Morrow, Mar 5, 2004

  3. ckacka

    ckacka Guest

    Thanks. ^_^

    "Ben Morrow" <> дÈëÓʼþ

    > "ckacka" <> wrote:
    > > Hello, I use
    > >
    > > print qq/<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN\"

    > ^^
    > qq// will stop at the first /. Either escape them with \ or use different
    > delimiters.
    >
    > Ben
    >
    > --
    > Heracles: Vulture! Here's a titbit for you / A few dried molecules of the

    gall
    > From the liver of a friend of yours. / Excuse the arrow but I have no

    spoon.
    > (Ted Hughes, [ Heracles shoots Vulture with arrow. Vulture bursts

    into ]

    ckacka, Mar 5, 2004