Problem accessing Images on another machine

RichardF

I have 4 machines...

1 - Domain Controller
2 - SQL Server
3 - IIS Server
4 - Image File Server (IFS)

I created a new account on the domain controller for use by the web
service.

My web service and web site run on the IIS machine. The web service
needs to access the SQL Server to get data and it also needs to access
the IFS to get images to display.

The access to the SQL Server is working OK. I gave the appropriate
SQL permissions to the domain user account.

If the images are located locally on the IIS machine, everything works
just fine. However, I cannot access the images when they are on the
image file server.

On the IIS Server I have done the following...

- created an app pool
- set the app pool to use the domain user account
- set my web service and web site to be in the app pool

The folder containing the images on the image file server is shared.
The only permission is read + browse permission given to the domain
user account I created.

I have tried accessing the image folder by...

- using a UNC path (\\TestImages\Images)
- mapping a drive to the shared folder (using the domain user
account I created)
- creating a virtual directory to the share
- creating a virtual directory to the mapped drive

Nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any help.

RichardF

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello RichardF,

log on interactively using the service account you created. Can you access
the files?
Or enable auditing for logon events on the Fileserver - maybe this gives
you some hints