Problem accessing properties of Object returned in webservice

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by joshua.oconnor@comcast.net, Dec 8, 2006.

  1. Guest

    I am having a problem accessing the properties of a structure object
    returned from a webservice.
    The web service returns an object:
    changeobject.description
    changeobject.user
    I can create an instance of the object on the calling asp page, but
    when i try to populate the properties, I get error: 438 - Object
    doesn't support this property or method
    If anyone can help me with this problem i would greatly appreciate it.

    Here is a sample of my code (in asp):

    Dim objSoapClient
    SET objSoapClient = Server.CreateObject("MSSOAP.SoapClient30")
    objSoapClient.ClientProperty("ServerHTTPRequest") = True
    Call
    objSoapClient.mssoapinit("http://localhost/cms_interface/event_service.asmx?WSDL",
    "event_service")
    Set changeObject = objSoapClient.getObjectFromFactory()
    With changeObject
    .description = "Some Description"
    .user = "Some User"
    End With