Problem accessing remote DB from an EXE invoked by ASP.NET web app

Guest

Hi there!

I have a web application that invokes an exe. The exe runs as a separate
process. After it is invoked it doesnt interact with the web application
again. The exe has a problem connecting to a remote database. It says 'access
is denied'.

But the same exe when executed independent of the web app providing command
line arguments, it is able to access the remote databases and give the
result.

When I tried to run the same exe from a windows application, it connects to
the DB.

Would anybody please tell me if it has something to do with the ASP.NET
security? Or is it something else? I am providing the connection string in
the app.config of the exe as well as in the web.config.

Please provide me with a solution to my problem.