    the download behaviour of this specific configuration?

    Thanks
    Hans vd Laar

    Hans van de Laar, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Hans van de Laar

    Ray at Guest

    Is this user accessing \\server\share\file.asp, as opposed to http://...?
    The requests must be made via http for IIS to execute the ASP file and
    return the html response.

    Ray at work

    "Hans van de Laar" <> wrote in message
    > I'm running a web application from within a Windows 2003 standard edition
    > server. However if one of the clients (running XP-prof) is accessing the
    > application by requesting its default page the client browser wants to
    > downlad the requested page. If the same page is requested from another

    (XP)
    > client, the content is well written the the client browser. What is

    causing

    Ray at, Apr 26, 2004

  3. Ray,

    No I start the application by using http://<server_name>/<virtual_dir>

    Regards,
    Hans

    message news:epPD$...

    Hans van de Laar, Apr 27, 2004
  4. Hans van de Laar

    Ray at Guest

    You are, but is that user?

    Do you have any REsponse.ContentType set to something that the user doesn't
    have installed, like Word or Excel or something like that?

    Ray at, Apr 27, 2004
  5. Ray,

    I have experienced this myself.

    I don't have set the response.contenttype to something the user doesn't know
    (at least not that I'm aware of). There are no problems accessing the
    intranet web application from other clients/configurations.

    regards,
    Hans
    message news:...

    Hans van de Laar, Apr 28, 2004