Problem accessing Windows 2003 DC Registry Keys

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Isaias Formacio Serna, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Hi, I'm trying to read some Registry Keys I've created with a Web Service,
    in my workstation it works fine, but when i move it to a server (a Windows
    2003 Domain Controller running Windows Sharepoint Services), I keep having
    the same error:

    System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type
    System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission, mscorlib,
    Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089 failed.
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckHelper(PermissionSet
    grantedSet, PermissionSet deniedSet, CodeAccessPermission demand,
    PermissionToken permToken)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(PermissionToken
    permToken, CodeAccessPermission demand, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Int32
    checkFrames, Int32 unrestrictedOverride)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.Check(CodeAccessPermission
    cap, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    at System.Security.CodeAccessPermission.Demand()
    at Microsoft.Win32.RegistryKey.OpenSubKey(String name, Boolean writable)
    at Bluenode.Gourmet.ConfiguracionServidor..ctor()
    at Bluenode.Gourmet.AccesoConfiguracion.get_Servidor()
    at Bluenode.Gourmet.DataBase.AdmBaseDatos..ctor()
    at Bluenode.Gourmet.Services.pos.ActualizaTokenPOS(String POSLogin,
    String POSPassword, String IdInstalacion)

    The state of the failed permission was:
    <IPermission class="System.Security.Permissions.RegistryPermission,
    mscorlib, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral,
    PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"
    version="1"
    Read="HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Bluenode\Gourmet
    2004\Server\."/>

    I've tryed to do this workarounds but they don't seem to work:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315158

    I've even given my keys the Everyone Full Access permission and keeps
    happening the same thing, please help!

    Isaias Formacio Serna, Dec 11, 2003