Problem adding a label to an user control

Scott Daniel

Hello, I am fairly new to asp.net and am having a very frustrating
problem....

I have a page that works...an .aspx object.
Within the .aspx screen I have define a table layout with 4 user
controls...header, footer, links on the left and the main body of the
screen.

Everything works fine up to this point....

The screen in question is a login screen for the main body of the user
control. In this screen I have a table defined with 2 textboxes (user name,
password) and a button to submit...

All still works.....but.........then I decide I would like to add a label to
the login user control just above the table with the username and password
controls but not part of the table. This label I would like it to say
'Welcome Soandso'...

When I make that label visible without adding text to it in my code behind
page everything works fine....but as soon as I output text to the label and
have the screen postback I loose my header user control and the main body
user control only shows the label text and causes the login table to
disappear....

Very strange and frustrating problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,