Problem adding a SubMenu inside the systemMenu of an application

Discussion in 'C++' started by Benoit, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. Benoit

    Benoit Guest

    Here is a quick view of what my program is doing:

    I am using a system hook to add a menu inside the system menu of my
    Internet Explorer. Everything seems to work fine for now , my submenu
    is there, i can click it ,it works , everything is OK except one
    thing:

    The problem:

    When you select the option to "Group similar taskbar button" together
    and then try to access my submenu from the window, nothing happens ,
    my submenu seems to be innexistant. The weird thing here is that if
    you remove the option to group the buttons, the menu will be working.

    My question is , does anybody have a clue of where i could look/search
    for more information on what is accually happening with those System
    Menu when the taskbar group the buttons together.

    Thanks alot for helping ( or at least trying :D )

    Ben

    Benoit, Apr 1, 2004

  2. Benoit <> spoke thus:

    > I am using a system hook to add a menu inside the system menu of my
    > Internet Explorer. Everything seems to work fine for now , my submenu
    > is there, i can click it ,it works , everything is OK except one
    > thing:

    Your post is off-topic for comp.lang.c++. Please visit

    http://www.slack.net/~shiva/welcome.txt
    http://www.parashift.com/c -faq-lite/

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Apr 1, 2004