Problem adding custom performance counter instance

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Navin Mishra, Apr 11, 2005.

  1. Navin Mishra

    Navin Mishra Guest

    Hi,

    I'm having problem adding custom performance counter INSTANCE in an
    ASP.NET web service whose miltiple instances could run hosted by different
    IIS AppPools on same machine. I can update my custom performance counters
    WITHOUT instances just fine but when I try to specify instance name then the
    counter is not updated at all and there is no error thrown also. I've
    followed MSDN example to specify instance name:

    // Assumes category and counter have been created.
    System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter myCounter =
    new System.Diagnostics.PerformanceCounter(
    "cat","counter","instance1", false);
    // Set the raw value to automatically create instance1.
    myCounter.RawValue = 100;

    But it doesn't work in my ASP.NET web service :( If I don't specify instance
    name, it works just fine.

    Has anybody seen this ?

    Thanks in advance and regards

    Navin