Problem after moving my websites

Rob H

I was running out of hard drive space so I added another hard drive (G). I
then copied my web sites to the new drive and now I can't access all of them.
Only one of them shows up with the web site folder icon and all the rest show
up as regular folders and when I try to access them with IE I get a "page
cannot be displayed...." error message. What went wrong???

I should also mention that the one site that is running is using html and
the others that are not are asp - ie. index.html (works) index.asp (not
working)

Mona

Hi Rob,

Once you move the websites and their folders to another location you must
ensure that the sites exist in virtual directories under IIS. To do so,

Start > Run > inetmgr {ENTER}

Expand to Default Web Sites

Look for the application name or if it doesn't exist, right click on
"Default Web Site" and choose to create a new virtual directory. In the
wizard, specify the new location of your web folders and then access them
the usual way, http://localhost/applicationname/pagename.aspx

HTH

Mona[Grapecity]