Problem applying skin to custom GridView control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by ack95, May 15, 2006.

  1. ack95

    ack95 Guest

    I am going insane. We have created a themeable control called
    GridViewBase:

    public class GridViewBase : GridView

    in another assembly called BBB:UI and the namespace is BBB:UI as well.
    I can successfully use this control in my aspx page with both declaring
    it in my web.config OR directly in the page itself with @Register.
    FYI... the assembly is referenced by project in the solution and we are
    using C#.

    The problem is when I want to skin this custom gridview control. I
    have tried everything I can think of. As I understand it, it should
    work with simply:

    <%@ Register TagPrefix="BBB" Namespace="BBB.UI" Assembly="BBB.UI" %>
    <BBB:GridViewBase runat="server"></BBB:GridViewBase>

    When I try to build the project after adding this skin, I get 3 VB
    errors that are all basically:
    Error 2 Type 'BBB.UI.GridViewBase' is not defined.
    C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET
    Files\pmkp\1a890319\4ff6ca4b\App_Theme_SSR.hnhjrw_k.0.vb 46

    I am out of ideas? Please help

    Thank you, ack95
    ack95, May 15, 2006