Problem: ASP.NET/C# Console Client calls Perl Web Service (Invoke - returns NULL)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Zean Smith, Apr 25, 2006.

  1. Zean Smith

    Zean Smith Guest

    I am trying to get my C# client to connect to a 3rd Perl Web Service (SOAP
    Lite), this is the code that fails

    object[] results = this.Invoke("getGrossData", new object[] {week} );
    return ((string)results[0]);

    The problem: It always return a NULL in results[0]. Why is that??

    My Verficiation:
    1. I have the TCP/IP Trace tool, and I can see the Perl Web Service returns
    the correct data in the HTTPResponse. I just don't understand why .NET
    returns NULL in result[0]
    2. If I connect to my own microsoft ASMX web service on IIS, result[0]
    returns what I expected
    3. I even use Telnet to verify manually, I copied and pasted the request
    manually and I got the expected data from the Web Service.
    4. I even tried to override this and print out the HTTPResponse, and I
    was able to see the HTTPResponse from Web Service
    protected override WebResponse GetWebResponse(WebRequest req)

    But I don't understand why .NET returns NULL in result[0]. Please help..

    Zean
    Zean Smith, Apr 25, 2006