Problem by sending a fax via ASP Application

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Peter Haider, Aug 29, 2003.

  1. Peter Haider

    Peter Haider Guest

    Hi newgroup,

    i struggle with a problem with windows 2000 fax server running under my ASP
    Web application

    The sending of an fax - like the example below - works manually very well
    (with file open and print to the fax printer) - logged on as a normal user.

    But my code under ASP doesnt work (access rights for directory, to read the
    file and the fax server is given to the anonymous user)

    Here is the VB Script Code:

    Dim Faxserver
    Dim FaxDoc
    Dim JobNo
    Dim Dateiname
    Set Faxserver = Server.Createobject("Faxserver.Faxserver")
    FaxServer.Connect("gericom.sbs.office")

    Filename = server.MapPath("Orders/10173.pdf")
    Set FaxDoc = FaxServer.CreateDocument(Filename)

    FaxDoc.SendCoverpage = 0
    FaxDoc.RecipientName = "Arnold"
    FaxDoc.SenderName = "Peter"
    FaxDoc.FaxNumber = "12345678"
    FaxDoc.SenderFax = "87654321"
    JobNo = FaxDoc.Send()
    Set FaxDoc = Nothing
    FaxServer.Disconnect()
    Set FaxServer = Nothing

    When i start this programm, the system seams to hang and after a short time,
    there appears an error 0x8007000D (Data is invalid??) at the line
    FaxDoc.Send()

    Has anyone of you a tip for me?

    Regards Peter Haider

    Peter Haider, Aug 29, 2003

  2. what references do you have set?

    Bite My Bubbles, Aug 29, 2003

  3. Peter Haider

    TomB Guest

    Just a guess, but have you logged on as IUSR_machinename so that the fax
    printer is set up for that account?

    TomB, Aug 29, 2003
  4. Peter Haider

    Peter Haider Guest

    Fax printer is set up for this account too, my personal account has
    administrator privileges

    Regards Peter

    Peter Haider, Aug 29, 2003