Problem calling a .net web service from an existing java client.

Chris Bardon

I have a client that I'm trying to integrate with using a web service,
and am having problems. I can get values returned from the service,
but can't pass anything into it. I had to use RPC Soap decorations to
even get the client to recognize the service, and now am stuck trying
to get input parameters to be seen. I think that the problem is that
the client header shows the parameter (a string s) like this:

<ns1:s xsi:type="xsd:string">Blah Blah Blah</ns1:s>

when I should be seing:

<s xsi:type="xsd:string">string</s>

I can't seem to get rid of the namespace "ns1" on the client end, and
my server won't recognize it. Here's a shippet of my C# code showing
the class and function decorations I'm using:

[WebService(Namespace="http://computer-talk.com/testwebsvc/")]
[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcService()]
public class TestService : System.Web.Services.WebService
{

[System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapRpcMethod(
Action="http://computer-talk.com/testwebsvc/BounceString",
RequestNamespace="http://computer-talk.com/testwebsvc/Request",
RequestElementName="BounceString",
ResponseNamespace="http://computer talk.com/testwebsvc/Response",
ResponseElementName="BounceString")]
[WebMethod()] public string BounceString(string s)
{
System.IO.StreamWriter sw=System.IO.File.AppendText(@"c:\ws.log");
sw.WriteLine(DateTime.Now.ToString() + " input string " + s);
sw.Close();
return s;

Anyone have any ideas?

Chris