Problem calling assembly which references another assembly from an asp page

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by christianhaynes@hotmail.com, Mar 3, 2006.

    I've been working on a problem for the last couple of days trying
    everything ive found but with no luck. The problem is:

    I have create a com callable .net assembly which is called from an asp
    page. This works fine until the assembly that uses another third-party
    assembly is accessed. The following error occurs:

    Could not load file or assembly 'PDFlib_dotnet, Version=6.0.2.2,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=af0805f2b25bb299' or one of its
    dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    This is one thing to point out and that is it works on my developement
    machine, but not on the production machine, so its more than likely a
    deployment issue. I have copied the PDFLib_dotnet assembly to several
    places that it may be trying to access it from, but with still no joy.

    Has anyone encountered this before and have found a solution ? What
    should i check to make sure all the files are in there correct
    locations ?

    Many thanks.

    Christian.

    , Mar 3, 2006

  2. Darren Kopp Guest

    Is PDFLib_dotnot properly included in your application or registered in
    the Global Assembly Cache on the production machine?

    -Darren Kopp
    http://blog.secudocs.com/

    Darren Kopp, Mar 3, 2006

    Some more info:

    The following error is recorded in the Event Log of the production
    machine:

    The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( .NET Runtime ) cannot be
    found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
    information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
    computer. The following information is part of the event: Unable to
    open shim database version registry key - v2.0.50727.00000.

    , Mar 3, 2006

    Hi Darren,

    The PDFLib_dotnet was added in the usual way (ie, added as a reference
    in VS2005) on my local machine. Yes i did put it in the GAC on the
    production machine.

    Thanks.

    , Mar 3, 2006