    find a way to code around it.

    Thanks in advance.

    Mike R
    Mike, Mar 2, 2005

  2. Honestly Mike I am nto sure but you could take the XML from the
    XmlDocument.OuterXml, and using the replace command remove new line and
    carriage returns. I am not to sure how clean, or efficeint that is but
    it should work.
    Keenan Newton, Mar 2, 2005

  3. Mike

    Dan Rogers Guest

    If their web service is properly processing XML, they cannot tell you to
    not pass white space characters. All proper XML stacks treat the white
    space (line breaks, extra spaces, carriage returns) as non-essential
    information.

    It sounds like the web service was created by hand, processing angle
    brackets as delimiters, and not build using a cross-platform capable web
    service tool kit. I'd tell them they need to make their web service XML
    compliant.

    --------------------
    >From: "Mike" <>
    >Subject: Problem Calling Client Web Service
    >Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 11:28:25 -0700

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webservices,microsoft.public.dotnet
    ..framework.webservices

    microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.webservices:9570

    >I am calling a web service that a client has set up for me to call. I am
    >using Visual Studio 2003 with C# to call the web service.
    >
    >They are telling me on that on their side that the xml I send over to the
    >web service needs to be a single line with no line breaks. Is there any
    >attributes I can set in my program to send the xml as a single line? I

    know

    Dan Rogers, Mar 7, 2005