Problem Calling Client Web Service

Mike

I am calling a web service that a client has set up for me to call. I am
using Visual Studio 2003 with C# to call the web service.

They are telling me on that on their side that the xml I send over to the
web service needs to be a single line with no line breaks. Is there any
attributes I can set in my program to send the xml as a single line? I know
its a stupid issue on their side but I have a feeling I am going to have to
find a way to code around it.

Thanks in advance.

Mike R

Keenan Newton

Honestly Mike I am nto sure but you could take the XML from the
XmlDocument.OuterXml, and using the replace command remove new line and
carriage returns. I am not to sure how clean, or efficeint that is but
it should work.

Dan Rogers

If their web service is properly processing XML, they cannot tell you to
not pass white space characters. All proper XML stacks treat the white
space (line breaks, extra spaces, carriage returns) as non-essential
information.

It sounds like the web service was created by hand, processing angle
brackets as delimiters, and not build using a cross-platform capable web
service tool kit. I'd tell them they need to make their web service XML
compliant.