    Anyone know how I can access the embedded objects methods from within
    an user-defined object in Firefox. (It works in Internet Explorer)

    Tor

    torbs, Apr 21, 2006

  2. torbs

    ASM Guest

    Re: Problem calling embedded object methods from an user-definedobject - FF

    torbs a écrit :
    > I have an defined an object with a method called loadMovie that use a
    > method - SetUrl- in an embedded quicktime object. It is embedded using
    > the object tag, but I have also tried the embed tag.
    >
    > The problem is this. Although Firefox recognise the quicktime object as
    > a HTMLObjectElement, it does not give me access to it methods from
    > within my object. I have created a seperate function and when I in that
    > function type document.movieSetUrl(url) it works OK, but in my
    > user-defined object it do not allow me access to the methods in the
    > quicktime plugin. I can however alter styles etc.
    >
    > Anyone know how I can access the embedded objects methods from within
    > an user-defined object in Firefox. (It works in Internet Explorer)

    usually this below works on my Fx :

    <object id="mysound1" blah>
    <param
    <embed
    name="mysound1"
    src=" ...
    </embed>
    </objct>

    If not, you can try to specify witch element you address to :

    function callQT(obj) {
    obj = document.all? document.all.obj :
    document.embeds? document.embeds[obj] :
    document.obj;
    return obj;
    }

    <button onclick="callQT('sound1').movieSetUrl('../sounds/zick1.mid');">
    music 1
    </button>

    <object id="sound1" blah cassiid and all that>
    <param ...
    <param ...
    <embed
    name="sound1"