problem calling web service with xml as parameter

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by scottrm, Dec 21, 2005.

  1. scottrm

    scottrm Guest

    I am attempting to call an asp.net web service from a vb6 application using
    the code found at this link.

    http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=7611

    I can call a test helloworld application no problem if I am only passing a
    simple string parameter but I need to pass some xml as a parameter. I seem to
    be able to call the web service ok using xml parameters from a .net
    application but from the VB6 application I am getting problems. If I use
    message "Server was unable to read request. --> There is an error in XML
    document (2, 240). --> 'Element' is an invalid node type. Line 2, position
    240". I tried putting in a header tag as well <?xml version="1.0"
    encoding="utf-8"?> but that just produces a different error message "Server
    was unable to process request. --> The root element is missing."

    Scott
    scottrm, Dec 21, 2005

  2. scottrm

    scottrm Guest

    please disregard as I managed to resolve this
    --
    Scott

    scottrm, Dec 21, 2005

  3. scottrm

    Eric Guest

    Scott,

    Can you tell me what you did? I have the same error.

    Eric
    Eric, Jun 16, 2006