problem calling web service with xml as parameter

scottrm

I am attempting to call an asp.net web service from a vb6 application using
the code found at this link.

http://www.freevbcode.com/ShowCode.Asp?ID=7611

I can call a test helloworld application no problem if I am only passing a
simple string parameter but I need to pass some xml as a parameter. I seem to
be able to call the web service ok using xml parameters from a .net
application but from the VB6 application I am getting problems. If I use
message "Server was unable to read request. --> There is an error in XML
document (2, 240). --> 'Element' is an invalid node type. Line 2, position
240". I tried putting in a header tag as well <?xml version="1.0"
encoding="utf-8"?> but that just produces a different error message "Server
was unable to process request. --> The root element is missing."

Scott