Problem closing connection in HTTPServletResponse

Discussion in 'Java' started by Naresh Agarwal, May 28, 2004.

  1. Hi

    I'm developing a webapp using servlets, which processes a HTTP Post
    request and sent back MIME message (multipart/related - essentially
    SOAP message with Attachments).

    I'm constructing the MIME message manually (as I need to stream it to
    the client) and writing it to OutputStream (few bytes everytime).

    In the end, I close the OutputStream, but still client keeps on
    waiting on the socket and it never get -1, while it reads from the
    InputStream.

    Thus server is not closing the socket even after closing the
    OutputStream.

    This problem occurs only when I set the content type header in servlet
    response as multipart/related. The problem does not occur if I've to
    send text/xml or multipart/mixed data.

    Does anybody has any clue on it?

    thanks & regards,
    Naresh