problem compile between Lapack++ & MSVC Visual.net

Discussion in 'C++' started by =?iso-8859-1?B?RnLpZOlyaWMgRGVncmFldmU=?=, Oct 2, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    My compiler is visual 7.1 ( Microsoft Visual C++ .NET ). I work on a
    c++ library for a big company which do many scientific computes. I want
    to integrate lapack++ inside the library by replacing a Matrix-like
    type by LaGenMatDouble and an Array-like type by LaVectorDouble. May be
    later, i will integrate also the complex types.

    On the c++ library, there is a strange event where a pointer seems to
    be changed and i really dont get why after a few hours of debugging.
    I'm really surprised because Array and Matrix types arent involved
    where the error comes.

    I've made a small project with the project lapack and my interface
    matrix and array. All is normal in release even with tricky checks.
    Then i've activated the compilation with error detection from
    DevPartner. It's a profiler for this visual c++. Its version is 8.1.
    And then the surprise came. On output, everything is printed weird...

    I've tried a lot of things without results... Do someone have an idea?
    Do someone has realized some iterators for lapack++ LaGenMatDouble and
    LaVectorDouble? I suspect my errors coming from there...

    Thank you in advance for every ideas!

    Fred

    =?iso-8859-1?B?RnLpZOlyaWMgRGVncmFldmU=?=, Oct 2, 2006

  2. =?iso-8859-1?B?RnLpZOlyaWMgRGVncmFldmU=?=

    Tom Smith Guest

    Frédéric Degraeve wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > My compiler is visual 7.1 ( Microsoft Visual C++ .NET ). I work on a
    > c++ library for a big company which do many scientific computes. I want
    > to integrate lapack++ inside the library by replacing a Matrix-like
    > type by LaGenMatDouble and an Array-like type by LaVectorDouble. May be
    > later, i will integrate also the complex types.

    Before someone replies to you rudely (which seems pretty common in this
    group), I'm going to do it politely. As a general rule this group is for
    discussing Standard C++; that means that it's not for discussing specific
    compilers ("visual 7.1"), libraries ("lapack++") or proprietary technologies
    ("Microsoft Visual C++ .NET", "DevPartner"). Some people get remarkably upset
    about this.

    It also means we're unlikely to know much about such a very specific problem
    as yours, since it concerns so many things we don't discuss. I, for instance,
    don't use Visual C++, much less DevPartner or Lapack++, and know nothing
    about them. I recommend you try to find a newsgroup or mailing list devoted
    to Lapack++ or DevPartner, and ask there: not only will you get more responses,
    but they'll be from people who know much more about the technologies involved.

    Hope that helps,

    Tom

    Tom Smith, Oct 2, 2006

  3. Sorry, i didnt get it. Thank you for your answer Tom!

    =?iso-8859-1?B?RnLpZOlyaWMgRGVncmFldmU=?=, Oct 2, 2006