problem compiling perl source on AIX 5.1.0.0 using GCC

Discussion in 'Perl' started by marko sarunac, Nov 17, 2003.

  1. After much playing around a looking on groups i still can't find how
    to fix this problem.

    I have an AIX 5.1.0.0 with gcc 3.3.2 installed
    The gcc is the AIX build obtained at UCLA
    (http://aixpdslib.seas.ucla.edu/)
    perl source obtained directly from perl ( :) )

    I need to compile the perl with gcc as the modules that need compiling
    try to compile with cc with any other aix distros of perl.

    So here i am...

    ../configure and make ran ok

    make test however posts 2 problems

    lib/ExtUtils/t/Embed.................gcc: `-b' must come at the start
    of the command line
    FAILED at test 1
    ..
    ..
    ..
    lib/Time/Local.......................FAILED at test 20

    once i tried running make install ignoring those errors and it
    istalled ok....but i could not compile the cpan modules :)
    (ex: GD module)

    Any help is greatelly appreciated!!!!!
    marko sarunac, Nov 17, 2003