    errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
    Can someone there out give me some explanations?

    Harald Schreiber
    Harald Schreiber, May 23, 2004

  2. Harald Schreiber

    John Roth Guest

    "Harald Schreiber" <> wrote in message
    news:c8qqp4$u1$01$-online.com...
    > Hi,
    > When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
    > errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
    > Can someone there out give me some explanations?

    I believe that's either the compiler or the linker. Do you
    have Visual Studio installed? Or else either Cygwin or MinGW?

    John Roth

    John Roth, May 23, 2004

  3. Harald Schreiber <> wrote in

    > Hi,
    > When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
    > errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
    > Can someone there out give me some explanations?

    in case your talking about my extension with that name, it requires to
    build a .pyd extenstion. either you download the binary distribution from
    pyserial.sf.net or compile it on your own. you dont seem to have the M$
    compiler, but youc an also use cygwin (i do) or mingw. in both cases run
    python setup.py build --compiler=mingw32 install

    chris

    --
    Chris <>
    Chris Liechti, May 23, 2004
  4. John Roth wrote:

    > "Harald Schreiber" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >> When trying to install the pyparallel-software under Windows98SE I got an
    >> errormessage about a missing cl.exe.
    >> Can someone there out give me some explanations?

    > I believe that's either the compiler or the linker. Do you
    > have Visual Studio installed? Or else either Cygwin or MinGW?

    Neither.
    I'll try it, thank you so far!

    Harald Schreiber, May 23, 2004