Problem connecting to database - "already opened exclusively by another user, or you need permission

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Tom Wild, Aug 14, 2003.

  1. Tom Wild

    Tom Wild Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to connect to an Access database from a WebPage in VB.Net but
    when I try to open the connection I get the following error:

    The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot open the file
    'C:\Test03\Test03.mdb'. It is already opened exclusively by another user, or
    you need permission to view its data

    My connection string is as follows:

    Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Password="";User ID=Admin;Data
    Source=C:\Test03\Test03.mdb;Mode=Share Deny None;Extended Properties="";Jet
    OLEDB:System database="";Jet OLEDB:Registry Path="";Jet OLEDB:Database
    Password="";Jet OLEDB:Engine Type=5;Jet OLEDB:Database Locking Mode=1;Jet
    OLEDB:Global Partial Bulk Ops=2;Jet OLEDB:Global Bulk Transactions=1;Jet
    OLEDB:New Database Password="";Jet OLEDB:Create System Database=False;Jet
    OLEDB:Encrypt Database=False;Jet OLEDB:Don't Copy Locale on
    Compact=False;Jet OLEDB:Compact Without Replica Repair=False;Jet
    OLEDB:SFP=False

    Can anyone suggest what I am doing wrong?

    Tom Wild, Aug 14, 2003