problem connecting to database

Dan Gates

hi all,

i am a newbie on .Net, have downloaded a msdn starter kit from

http://www.asp.net/downloads/starter-kits/extended-club/

having problem when running, recieving this error.

"Unable to open the physical file
"c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf". Operating system error 2:
"2(The system cannot find the file specified.)".
Cannot attach the file 'c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf' as
database 'ClubDB'"

any help received will be highly appreciated

Dan Gates

Juan T. Llibre

Try placing Club.mdf in :
c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_data\Club.mdf
....instead of in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\allengreen\app_code\Club.mdf

David

Whoops, my fault...

I am sitting at the side of him when he had this prob. I hadn't realised
that I had done that. Doh!!!

It appears to be working now.

(The experience has also given him a taste for newsgroups and a place to get
help, so thanks very much for your response.)

--
Best regards,
Dave Colliver.