Problem connecting to https using ZSI (openssl problem) - python2.3

Adil Hasan

Hello,
I'm having problems trying to use ZSI to connect to a https url.
I give the command and I get prompted for my X509 cert pass-phrase, but
the program dies with an openssl error.

Here's my code:

from ZSI import *
u=''
n='https://shahzad.fnal.gov/edg-voms-admin/uscms/services/VOMSAdmin'
b = Binding(url=u,ns=n, ssl=1, \
host='shahzad.fnal.gov',port=8080, \
cert_file='/home/hasan/.globus/usercert.pem', \
key_file='/home/hasan/.globus/userkey.pem')
b.listCAs()

The traceback I get is:
Enter PEM pass phrase:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/local/python2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZSI/client.py",
line 28, in __call__
requesttypecode=TC.Any(self.name, aslist=1))
File "/usr/local/python2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZSI/client.py",
line 131, in RPC
self.Send(url, opname, obj, **kw)
File "/usr/local/python2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ZSI/client.py",
line 184, in Send
self.h.connect()
File "/usr/local/python2.3/lib/python2.3/httplib.py", line 961, in
connect
ssl = socket.ssl(sock, self.key_file, self.cert_file)
File "/usr/local/python2.3/lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 73, in ssl
return _realssl(sock, keyfile, certfile)
socket.sslerror: (1, 'error:140770FC:SSL
routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol')

Any ideas about this? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? I have
seen one post here with a similar problem, but haven't seen any
resolution.

Help!

thanks, adil

Adil Hasan

Hello,
As a follow up to this. I noticed that the port that I was
contacting the server on was not correct. Now, I have moved forward
to an access denied message (I'll post that error in another news group).

Hope this is helpful, adil

John J. Lee

Adil Hasan said:
Hello,
As a follow up to this. I noticed that the port that I was
contacting the server on was not correct. Now, I have moved forward
to an access denied message (I'll post that error in another news group).
[...]

You might have better luck using axis from Jython. ZSI seems to be
fairly buggy (maybe that's not altogether fair: the protocols are
apparently still a bit dodgy too, so the fault could be partly be on
that end). I had some success with axis and SOAP/WSDL.

John