Problem creating ASP.NET App with Visual Studio.NET 2003 and Windows XP Pro

Guest

I am having a problem creating an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio.NET 2003, installed on Windows XP Professional

I get a message stating that I do not have ASP.NET 1.1 installed, so I can not create web applications

I downloaded the update that is supposed to install ASP.NET 1.1, but I'm still getting the message

My research leads me to understand that VS.NET 2003 wont allow users to create web applications on anything "less" than XP Pro, but I am running XP pro

Has anyone ever run across this in the past? Is there any way to verify that I'm running ASP.NET 1.1? Does anyone have any suggestions

I appreciate the help and apologize if this is a newbee question, but I have done extensive searching and can't find any solutions.

Per Salmi

Assuming that you have IIS installed you could use the aspnet_regiis command
to verify and/or install the ASP.NET mappings.

Open the VS.Net Command Prompt and run:

aspnet_regiis -i

This will reinstall the ASP.NET stuff into your IIS installation.

/Per Salmi

umilmi81 said:
I am having a problem creating an ASP.NET application in Visual Studio.NET
2003, installed on Windows XP Professional.
I get a message stating that I do not have ASP.NET 1.1 installed, so I can not create web applications.

I downloaded the update that is supposed to install ASP.NET 1.1, but I'm still getting the message.

My research leads me to understand that VS.NET 2003 wont allow users to
create web applications on anything "less" than XP Pro, but I am running XP
pro.
Has anyone ever run across this in the past? Is there any way to verify
that I'm running ASP.NET 1.1? Does anyone have any suggestions?
I appreciate the help and apologize if this is a newbee question, but I
have done extensive searching and can't find any solutions.

WJ

Below is the "order" of what I did on my XP pro. In addition, I kept all the
setups default folders:

1. Install Windows OS
2. Install Windows IIS-5 (wxp/w2k) or IIS-6 (W2k3)
3. Install FrontPage Server Extension 2002 (VS.Net needs it)
4. Test to connect to your http://localhost. The welcome page and its help
page must be shown side-by-side (for XP Pro, W2k Pro may be different)
5. Install service packs and hotfixes
6. Install .Net FrameWork 1.1.
7. Install .Net SDK (Optional - Caution: This beast can break your system as
it did on my XP Pro)
8. Install VS.Net 2003.
9. Test creating both WinForm and WebForm apps. to make sure it works.

If you follow the above order, you really donot need to mess with
"aspnet_regiis".

Please note: I restarted my system after each setup was successfully
executed. I do not trust "No Reboot" feature in WXP.

Hope this helps,

John Webb

trellow422 said:
FYI- I am also running into this issue, except I am running Windows 2000
Professional. A co-worker of mine is also running Windows 2000 Pro and is
able to successfully create and run .NET Web Applications. Go figure?!