Problem creating deployment package?

Olav Tollefsen

I have installed the .NET Framework 2.0 and I need to create a deployment
package for the Machine runtime security policy, but when I run the
Deployment Package Wizard from the .NET Framework 2.0 Configuration
application, it fails with the following error message:

"The wizard experienced an error modifying C:\Documents and
Settings\olavt\My Documents\MachinePolicy.msi"

I have tried the same with the 1.1 application and it works fine, but I need
to do this for .NET 2.0.

Olav

Dominick Baier [DevelopMentor]

Hello Olav,

maybe a Beta Bug...

also - be careful - if you deply policy like this in your network - the resulting
MSI will overwrite all other policy changes you probably made before. If
you haven't done changes before - keep that in mind for future policy updates....

A better way to modify policy (and even provide a uninstall of policy modifications)
is to modify it programmatically and deploy that in an MSI file...