Problem DataBinding

Wayne Wengert

I have a VSNET 2003 ASPX page which contains a RadioButtonList Control that
I want to populate from an existing column in an existing table. I've done
this in the past using a datareader and looping to add values. I decided I
want to make myself use the NET data tools (sqldataadapter, etc.) Needless
to say, I must be missing something as the list never gets populated.

I added a dataadapter and created the select command and the connection
string. I then created a dataset from the adapter and previewed the data -
all is well. In the radio button list I set the datasource to "DataSet11",
the DataMember is set to my table name and I keyed in the field name for the
DataTextField. When I run the app, it processes for a few seconds but I
never get any data displayed for the radiobuttonlist.

Any suggestions on how to go about debugging this?

Wayne

Eliyahu Goldin

Wayne,

Do you call DataBind() method for either the page or the control?

Eliyahu

Wayne Wengert

Thanks for the quick response. Yes, in the page load event I issued the
databind method for the radiobutton list.

Wayne