Problem debugging Website

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by niberhate, Mar 4, 2010.

  1. niberhate

    niberhate Guest

    I asked yesterday about how to reference a website project in a Unit
    test project. The answer as you guys provided is that it is not
    possible.

    I have no permission to convert this website project into a web
    application project, so I have to live with it.

    To add salt to wound, I cannot debug the project. The website is
    configured to run from localhost through the IIS on my Vista box. This
    makes debugging pretty tricky, my breakpoints are totally ignored.
    Searched a little, and tried attaching w3wp to the debugger, no luck,
    breakpoints are still being ignored. I am using the RC version of VS
    2010.

    If I create another website, and debug using Cassini instead of IIS,
    breakpoints are hit just fine. So it's definitely related to this
    website being executed through my local IIS. It is so configured that
    if I attempt to debug through Cassini, it is not even gonna compile.
    So, I am stuck. I cannot unit-test it, and I cannot debug it. What a
    torture.

    Any idea about how to debug a website which is tied to a local IIS?

    niberhate, Mar 4, 2010