Problem deploying web service

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Sky Fly, Jul 29, 2003.

  1. Sky Fly

    Sky Fly Guest

    Hello,

    I am trying to deploy a web service on a remote server.
    I have been able to develop the web service on my
    development machine using VB.NET 2003, and when I open
    a browser and type in
    http://localhost/MyApplication/MyWebService.asmx in
    the browser, I am able to see a page that lists a description
    of the web service and the methods it exposes.

    However, when I copy the assemblies in the bin folder
    to the remote server and attempt to view the web service
    description by typing
    http://www.<remoteserver>.com/MyApplication/MyWebService.asmx,
    I get the following error:

    Parser Error Message: Could not create type 'MyApplication.MyWebService'.

    Source Error:

    Line 1: <%@ WebService Language="vb" Codebehind="WebService.asmx.vb"
    Class="MyApplication.MyWebService" %>

    I've checked that the directory that the bin file is under
    on the server has been made a virtual directory in IIS as
    well as an application. I've restarted IIS after each
    change, but this seems to make no difference. The only
    other thing I can think of is that an older version of the
    web service that was built using a previous version of VB.NET
    seems to work fine on the server.

    I hope that I can get some help - when I checked on Google,
    it seemed as though there wasn't much help for people with
    this kind of problem.

    Thanks in advance,

    --
    Akin