Problem Deploying web site with Crystal Reports

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Scooby Dog, Mar 26, 2010.

  1. Scooby Dog

    Scooby Dog Guest

    I have created a asp.net web site using Visual Studio 2008 and Crytal
    Reports. I have two small reports that work perfectly on my development
    machine, and I have tripple checked that I have added reference to the
    CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine in my project. I do not have any
    CrystalReports dll's in my bin folder but when select my project and then
    click on the properties window the following refereces are there.

    CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
    CrystalDecisions.EnterpriseFrameWork, CrystalDecisions.Enterprice.InfoStore,
    CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc, CrystalDecisions.ReportSource,
    CrystalDecisions.Shared, CrystalDecisions.Web

    I have tried publishing, I have tried creating a Deployment Package etc and
    I continue to get the same error. Is there some deployment assembly that I
    am supposed to include with my install etc.

    The error is:

    Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
    Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304' or
    one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

    Any help would be hugely appreciated.

    Scooby Dog, Mar 26, 2010

  2. Scooby Dog

    Nizumzen Guest

    On Fri, 26 Mar 2010 16:19:47 -0000, Scooby Dog <>
    wrote:

    > I have created a asp.net web site using Visual Studio 2008 and Crytal
    > Reports. I have two small reports that work perfectly on my development
    > machine, and I have tripple checked that I have added reference to the
    > CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine in my project. I do not have any
    > CrystalReports dll's in my bin folder but when select my project and
    > then click on the properties window the following refereces are there.
    >
    > CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
    > CrystalDecisions.EnterpriseFrameWork,
    > CrystalDecisions.Enterprice.InfoStore,
    > CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc,
    > CrystalDecisions.ReportSource, CrystalDecisions.Shared,
    > CrystalDecisions.Web
    >

    > I have tried publishing, I have tried creating a Deployment Package etc
    > and I continue to get the same error. Is there some deployment assembly
    > that I am supposed to include with my install etc.
    >
    > The error is:
    >
    > Could not load file or assembly 'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
    > Version=10.5.3700.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304'
    > or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    >

    > Any help would be hugely appreciated.

    It sounds like you don't have Crystal Reports installed on the server.
    Install it and it should work fine.

    Nizumzen, Mar 26, 2010

  3. Scooby Dog

    Scooby Dog Guest

    How do you install it on the server? I have Visula Studio 2008. Note: I
    went to the Crystal Reports web site and downloaded these files.

    CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.exe and installed that on the server, which states that
    it's the 'Crystal REports 2008 Runtime sp2'. That did nothing to make the
    problem go away.

    I downloaded:

    'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Merge Modules' - The Merge Modules
    are several files.msm that I have no idea how to include in my project.

    'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Redist Install'

    My question is what do I download, and how do I get it on the server.

    Dave

    Scooby Dog, Mar 26, 2010
  4. Scooby Dog

    Andy O'Neill Guest

    "Scooby Dog" <> wrote in message
    > How do you install it on the server? I have Visula Studio 2008. Note: I
    > went to the Crystal Reports web site and downloaded these files.
    >
    > CRRuntime_12_2_mlb.exe and installed that on the server, which states that
    > it's the 'Crystal REports 2008 Runtime sp2'. That did nothing to make the
    > problem go away.
    >
    > I downloaded:
    >
    > 'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Merge Modules' - The Merge Modules
    > are several files.msm that I have no idea how to include in my project.
    >
    > 'Crystal Reports 2008 Fix Pack 2.5 - Redist Install'
    >

    > My question is what do I download, and how do I get it on the server.
    >
    > Dave

    You download the msi install packages and install them on the server in the
    same way you do with any install.
    http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/runtime.asp

    Andy O'Neill, Mar 26, 2010
  5. Scooby Dog

    Scooby Dog Guest

    Thanks everyone:

    I found the runtime msi files installed and everything is now working!

    Dave.

    Scooby Dog, Mar 26, 2010
  6. Scooby Dog

    itmanager

    Joined:
    Oct 11, 2012
    Messages:
    1
    You may want to consider a solution like rePORTAL located at reportalsoftware.com. It is a complete web portal and distribution solution for publishing Crystal and SSRS reports without the need for any coding.

    itmanager, Oct 11, 2012