Problem display several DataTables with relations

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Mikaël PLOUHINEC, Dec 21, 2006.

  1. Hello,

    I have a dataset with 2 DataTables : Groups and Persons. I make a
    relation between this 2 DataTables using one DataColumn in each
    datatable. Finally I use this dataset in a dataGrid. So I would like to
    have a display like :

    groupe1
    groupe2
    + (person1)
    + (person2)
    groupe3

    Everything is ok.

    But if I want to filter my query on person (for example birthday), My
    gid display all groups and only the person corresponding to my filter.

    I would like to know if there is a way to display only groups which
    correspond to filter persons (if a group doesn't have persons
    corresponding to my birthday filter, I don't want to display this group).

    Does someone have got any idea?

    Thanks a lot.

    Mike
    Mikaël PLOUHINEC, Dec 21, 2006