Problem displaying page before initiating file download

Richard L Rosenheim

I'm looking to display a page and then initiate the downloading of a file.
Basically trying to display a page that says the download will begin
shortly, and if it doesn't, click here. Like what you see at a number
sites.

I found code to initiate the download in a previous posting ("Force Download
fails when I select "Open" but works when I select "Save"", posted Jan 25,
2005). The code works fine in terms of initiating the download. The
problem I've encountered is that the download begins before the page itself
is displayed.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or know of a better example?

Richard Rosenheim