Problem downloading webpages

ab

I have a crawler that downloads the contents of a given URL. The code
runs well on my machine. I exported the jar file to another machine
and I am not getting any results from the crawler. I am guessing this
is a security issue and that I need to check a box somewhere for the
same. I am running the code on a windows machine. It does have a
firewall , but disabling the firewall did not help.

Please let me know if you have an idea as to what the issue might be.

Regards,
Akanksha

Roedy Green

I have a crawler that downloads the contents of a given URL. The code
runs well on my machine. I exported the jar file to another machine
and I am not getting any results from the crawler. I am guessing this
is a security issue and that I need to check a box somewhere for the
same. I am running the code on a windows machine. It does have a
firewall , but disabling the firewall did not help.

Get a dump of the console to see if you are getting any exceptions.
What Responsecodes are you getting from your HTTP GETs?