Problem during mixed VHDL SystemC simulation with Modelsim 6.2a

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Steven Derrien, Jul 12, 2006.

  1. Hi folks,

    Don't really know if it's the right place to ask, but I'm having
    difficulties simulating a mixed systemC/VHDL model using Modelsim.

    I have a simple VHDL testbench which instanciates the systemC module
    (I used vgencomp to avoid port type/name mismatch). Whe I statrt the
    simutlaion I get a "Constructor for SystemC module 'xr16_sc' not found"
    error message.

    Here is my Modelsim command log :

    >vcom -reportprogress 300 -work work

    E:/projects/RDISK/filter_image/vhdl_rdisk/xr16_sc_tb.vhd
    # Model Technology ModelSim SE vcom 6.2a Compiler 2006.06 Jun 16 2006
    [...]
    > sccom -I./sc/ sc/xr16.cpp

    # Model Technology ModelSim SE sccom 6.2a compiler 2006.06 Jun 16 2006
    #
    # Exported modules:
    # XR16_SC
    > sccom -link

    # Model Technology ModelSim SE sccom 6.2a compiler 2006.06 Jun 16 2006
    > vsim work.xr16_sc_tb

    # vsim work.xr16_sc_tb
    # ** Note: (vsim-3812) Design is being optimized...
    # ** Error: (vopt-3677) Constructor for SystemC module 'xr16_sc' not found.
    # ** Error: Vopt Compiler exiting.
    # Error loading design

    Any hints ?

    Thank in advance.

    Steven Derrien, Jul 12, 2006

  2. Steven Derrien

    Hans Guest

    Hi Steven,

    The obvious question, do you have a constructor (i.e. SC_CTOR) specified in
    your xr16.h header? You need to specify one since SC_CTOR does more than a
    C++ constructor (hence the need for SC_HAS_PROCESS if you don't use SC_CTOR)

    This could also be a Modelsim bug, try disabling vopt (vsim -novopt +acc)

    Hans
    www.ht-lab.com

    Hans, Jul 12, 2006

  3. Hi,

    This was a bug, disabling vopt solves the problem.
    Thanks for the help.

    Regards,

    Steven

    Steven Derrien, Jul 13, 2006