Problem Editing ASP.NET Pages in VS 2003

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Jeff, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. Jeff

    Jeff Guest

    Perhaps I'm just missing a concept that sooo huge that nobody will reply to
    me, but here's my problem (and for now I will assume that it's a conceptual
    problem).

    What I would like: I would like it so when I'm building an .aspx page with
    code-behind that when I edit the .vb files I get the automatic references
    that I get as when I build a "web form" as part of a "solution" in VS.net.
    I'd also like some of the cool stuff, like when I declare a variable like:

    dim eXamPle as String

    In the "Solution" mode, the editor will give me the list of things I can dim
    the variable as. It will also correct stuff like:

    example = "hi"

    After I hit enter, the editor will change the line to:

    eXamPle = "hi"

    If I just open the file directly into VS, I don't get any of those features.

    I guess the bigger part of what is bothering me is that I have VS.Net, and
    it would seem the free Web Matrix is a way better editor, but it doesn't
    have the cool type ahead stuff that VS does. Then again, I can't use the
    cool type ahead stuff unless I want to just make web forms. Is there no
    solid solution for this?

    I'm new to .net stuff and the type ahead stuff you get, especially when you
    type "." on objects, is just to beneficial to a newbie like myself.

    Thanks,
    Jeff

    Jeff, Jan 26, 2004