problem external graphic && URL with parameters

Discussion in 'XML' started by curwen, Sep 15, 2003.

  1. curwen

    curwen Guest

    Hi,
    I have problem to create a well formed xsl-fo document using images
    dynamically generated from an http request

    using this tag:
    <fo:external-graphic content-type="content-type:image/gif"
    src="controller.jsp?page=test&mode=image" />

    doesn't work (it says a ';' is missing)
    the controller.jsp is sending a gif image to the browser and is
    working fine when called from simple html

    everithing works fine like this:
    <fo:external-graphic content-type="content-type:image/gif"
    src="mydomain.com/image.gif" />

    any idea?
    thanks in advance

    curwen, Sep 15, 2003

  2. curwen wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have problem to create a well formed xsl-fo document using images
    > dynamically generated from an http request
    >
    > using this tag:
    > <fo:external-graphic content-type="content-type:image/gif"
    > src="controller.jsp?page=test&mode=image" />
    >
    > doesn't work (it says a ';' is missing)
    > the controller.jsp is sending a gif image to the browser and is
    > working fine when called from simple html
    >

    > everithing works fine like this:
    > <fo:external-graphic content-type="content-type:image/gif"
    > src="mydomain.com/image.gif" />
    >

    > any idea?
    > thanks in advance

    hi,

    remember that fo is xml
    thus, & must be escaped unless it introduces an entity that ends with ;

    src="controller.jsp?page=test&amp;mode=image"

    --
    Cordialement,

    ///
    (. .)
    | Philippe Poulard |

    Philippe Poulard, Sep 15, 2003

  3. curwen

    curwen Guest

    many thanks!
    I guess what you're thinking: 'what a newby'

    curwen, Sep 16, 2003