Problem facing in ASP.Net

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by M. Zaheer-Ud-Din, Jul 4, 2003.

  1. Hi All,
    I am facing some problems in ASP.Net, hope u can help me. I will be very
    thankful to you for this regard.
    The scenario is that there is a server control (Server Button) on the page
    and the load and unload method of the body is defined in the client script.
    Whenever I pass any server event, first the unload and then the server
    method (along-with the page load) method is called and then the Load method
    of the body in the client script is called.
    Can I restrict the calling of Load & Unload method of the script on passing
    server events?
    If not then why?

    The sample code is:

    Client script (abc.aspx)

    <form name="Form1" id="Form1" method="post" runat="server">
    MS_POSITIONING="GridLayout">
    <asp:button AutoPostBack="false" id="ServerBtn" style="Z-INDEX: 107;
    LEFT: 13px; POSITION: absolute; TOP: 176px" runat="server" Text="Server
    Button"></asp:button>
    </form>

    Server code(abc.aspx.vb)
    Private Sub ServerBtn_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles ServerBtn.Click
    Response.Write("On Server Button Click")
    End Sub

    Any help will be highly appreciated.
    Regards
    ZaHeer