problem getting Nokia3100 to work with Asp.Net application

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by Nadav Popplewell, Apr 3, 2005.

  1. I've got an ASP.NET mobile application and I need to get it to work with
    Nokia3100 cellulat phones.
    The problem is that ASP.NET does not recognize the Nokia3100,
    So I'm trying to add a profile for it to the web.config of the application.

    My problem is that the Nokia3100 supports xhtml, but if I specify
    preferredRenderingType = "xhtml-basic"
    in the profile (I'm tried setting preferredRenderingMime to
    "application/xhtml+xml","application/vnd.wap.xhtml+xml" and "text/html")
    I get the following error when I try to click on a link on the page:
    "Invalid length for a Base-64 char array"
    This error happens in the ASP.NET framework code, as far as I can see it's a
    problem with the encoding/decoding of the state of the page.

    Now, if I set
    preferredRenderingType = "wml12"
    then the links work, but the cellular phone does not display color!.
    (currentCapabilities.IsColor=True in the application)

    Does anybody have any idea what to do?

    Thanks
    Nadav
    PS, I find it really irritating that I need to spend hours trying to build
    these mobile device profiles (this isn't the first cellular phone we've run
    across that ASP.NET does not support).
    The last device update was in december 2003!
    I think I can expect Microsoft to support it's LATEST products
    (VS 2005/ASP.NET-2 has not been released yet, has it?)

    Nadav Popplewell, Apr 3, 2005