Problem : IIS 6.0 with asp.net restart periodically with no reason

Guest

Hi,

I have a Windows Server 2003 with IIS 6.0 et dotnet 1.1
I have an asp.net application on that server with no more than 30 users a day.

In my web.config the session timeout is set to 180 min and the form
authentification timeout is set to 120 min.

My problem is the following : IIS restart periodically with no reason.
The restart occurs :
1 - if no access has been made to the application for more than several tens
minutes
2 - And just when an user try to access the application

The following extract of the logs illustrate this behavior :
2005-04-28 06:08:11 128.1.1.143 POST /app/page1.aspx - 80 - 128.....
#Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
#Version: 1.0
#Date: 2005-04-28 07:10:18
#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query ....
2005-04-28 07:10:18 128.1.1.143 GET /app/page2.aspx ....

Is the user was in session, its session is stopped and he has to start
again the authentication process. Sometimes he has to close its browser and
open a new one.

I have disabled all the recycling parameters in the AppPool of the
application.
I also have disabled the antivirus.

Is some code can cause these restarts ?

Is anybody has a solution ?

Thanks,

Christian
Montpellier - France

Brock Allen

This is a feature of IIS6 -- go check out the properties for your Application
Pool in the IIS admin tool. If you look at the various tabs (the recycling
one, specifically) you'll see all sorts of settings to control that behavior.