Problem in ASP.net with crystal report.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Devendra, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Devendra

    Devendra Guest

    Hi,

    I am deploying an application which has crystal reports.
    I have a server which has only dotnet framework installed. I copied the dll
    files from the local server and add them in GAC . I copied the dlls in a
    c:/AnyFolder folder....
    Is it required to be added in the system folder ...

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Dev

    Server Error in '/' Application.

    Configuration Error

    Parser Error Message: File or assembly name
    'CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine, Version=10.2.3600.0,
    Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304', or one of its
    dependencies, was not found.

    Source Error:

    Line 30: during development.
    Line 31: -->
    Line 32: <compilation debug="true">
    Line 33: <assemblies>
    Line 34: <add assembly="CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine,
    Version=10.2.3600.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=692fbea5521e1304"/>

    Source File: C:\Projects\TBA_UPLOAD\web.config Line: 32

    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.40607.42; ASP.NET
    Version:2.0.40607.42

    Devendra, Oct 27, 2005

  2. Devendra

    Oleg Kap Guest

    Hello Devendra,
    If you using any form of setup when delivering your application you can include
    Crystal Report Merge Modules which will do the necesary work that required
    for crystal report to work.
    I dont think it will be just enough to copy crystal report dlls to work since
    one of the module requires licensing information to be provided (such as
    serial number) which you should get from Crystal Reports.

    On my machine it located at C:\Program Files\Common Files\Merge Modules and
    I am using following modules:
    Crystal_Database_Access2003.msm
    Crystal_Database_Access2003_enu.msm
    Crystal_Managed2003.msm
    Crystal_regwiz2003.msm ( one you should provide with serial number).

    This is officeal CrystalReports way of delivering you applcation along with
    CrystalReports.
    May be coping DLL will work some how but its unoffical, might not work in
    some cases and defeniatly not recomended.

    Hope it helps,
    Oleg

    Oleg Kap, Oct 27, 2005

  3. Devendra

    Devendra Guest

    Hi

    As i have attached the error message along with my earlier posting, I am
    working on dotnet 2.0 and crystal report 10.0
    And these files which i need to add (*.msm) are for 1.1 and crystal report
    9.0

    As given in some of the documentation i added the following file.
    CrystalReports10_NET_EmbeddedReporting.msm
    But it didnt work. The setup tries to look for some different version of
    ..net So i thought probably there is some other version of .net 2.0 beta .
    It was really stupid to think so .. But after that i removed .net 2.0 beta
    from the machine and tried to install it from download on MSDN.
    Now after i install it. its not showing it in the IIS for choosing the
    dotnet version for an application.

    I think i will take a fresh server and do all these things all over again !!

    If any of you got some better solution do let me know !!

    Thanks,
    Regards,
    Devendra C.

    Devendra, Oct 31, 2005