Problem in calling unmanaged win32 dll in webservice code

tomar

Hi All,

I Made a win32 dll named with Test.dll in VC++6.0 using following code

/
** FUNCTION: ASum
*******************************************************************************/
extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) int ASum(int a, int b)
{
return (a+b);
}

When I Use this Test.dll (Unmanaged code) in WebService(Managed code)
written in C# like

public class AldorWeb : System.Web.Services.WebService
{
[DllImport("Test.dll", SetLastError = false)]
public static extern int ASum(int a,int b);

public AldorWeb()
{
//CODEGEN: This call is required by the ASP.NET Web
Services Designer
InitializeComponent();
}
[WebMethod]
public bool SUM()
{
try
{
int x = ASum(2, 3);
}
catch(Exception e)
{
LogWriter.WriteLog(1, 1, (int)enLogType.eTraceLog,e.ToString());

it gives error like "Unable to load DLL (Test.dll)." if I call SUM
webmethod. while same code in Windows Application is working fine.

I think that Permission might be an issue but don't know how to
implement it. I use Impersonation also but no benefit. even I tried to
use this code using class library written in C# and called this
library in webservice but useless.

Please suggest me some solujtions.

Thanks all.
Dharmendra Singh Tomar
Metadesign Solutions

tomar

Hi All,

I Made a win32 dll named with Test.dll in VC++6.0 using following code

/
***************************************************************************­***
** FUNCTION: ASum
***************************************************************************­****/
[...]

======================================
Hi All,

I have seen putting dll in System32 folder and in C drive as
well.........Error remains same.

Dharmendra Singh Tomar
Metadesign solutions

John Saunders [MVP]

tomar said:
[...]

Did you place the dll in the bin\ directory?

In fact, are you running VS2005 SP1, and is this an "ASP.NET Web Service
Application", or did you create it with File->New->Web Site?

Also, please include the entire, literal, exception that you receive.

tomar

--
---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
John Saunders | MVP - Windows Server System - Connected System Developer-Hide quoted text -

Hi John,
First of all thanks for your quick response .My comments are
below as the answer of your questions.

1. Yes I have Placed the dll in bin\ directory.
2. My Application is an webservice application.
3. I am using Dotnet Framwork 1.1.4322.
4. Exception : System.DllNotFoundException
Message : Unable to load DLL (Test.dll).
Is there any restriction in this version? As far as I think If we are
calling functions of kernel32.dll, User32.dll and advapi32.dll.
Application is working fine for these built in dll's. What can be the
issue if I use User created Dll and this dll is perfectly loading in
windows application in C#.

Regards,
Dharmendra Singh Tomar

tomar

Hi All,
I Made a win32 dll named with Test.dll in VC++6.0 using following code
/
***************************************************************************­­***
** FUNCTION: ASum
***************************************************************************­­****/
[...]

Dharmendra Singh Tomar- Hide quoted text -

Hi all,

I got the Problem, Actually this Project includes another project
which creates .Lib file as output So dependency of this project is on
other project. If I remove All the dependency It gets Called fine. But
Problem Is here that I have to call this dll with dependency on .Lib
file. I put that Lib file in webservice's bin folder with dll but same
error comes.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Dharmendra Singh Tomar
MetaDesign Solutions

tomar

Hi All,
I Made a win32 dll named with Test.dll in VC++6.0 using following code
/
***************************************************************************­­­***
** FUNCTION: ASum
***************************************************************************­­­****/

===========================================================================­==========

Hi all,

I got the Problem, Actually this Project includes another project
which creates .Lib file as output So dependency of this project is on
other project. If I remove All the dependency It gets Called fine. But
Problem Is here that I have to call this dll with dependency on .Lib
file. I put that Lib file in webservice's bin folder with dll but same
error comes.

Please help me to resolve this issue.

Dharmendra Singh Tomar
MetaDesign Solutions- Hide quoted text -

Strange!!!!!

I am not getting whts happening.

1. Its not a security issue bcos DLL is being loaded successfully if
there is no dependency on other file
2. In Windows application without including LIB dll is being loaded
and function is called successfully.

Regards
Dharmendra Singh tomar
MetaDesign Solutions