    Its urgent

    Thanks in advance
    vinod kumar
    Deep, May 26, 2010

  2. Deep

    Bob Barrows Guest

    Deep wrote:
    > Dear friends
    >
    > I am using asp code and ms access to insert data. But I am getting
    > error
    > Error Type:
    > Microsoft JET Database Engine (0x80004005)
    > Operation must use an updateable query.
    > /sachin/test.asp, line 24
    >
    > I checked permission every where I think read, write permission is
    > given every where. Please tell me what is the problem. I am using
    > using ms access 2007 and windows XP.

    Assuming this is a simple single-table insert, and not an update that
    involves multiple joined tables, then this is almost always a
    permissions problem.
    http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2062

    Modify Permissions on the _folder_ containing the database must be
    granted to all users of the database. The problem is usually in
    identifying who the user is. The identity of the user depends on the
    authentication mode of your website. If Anonymous is enabled, then you
    must grant permission to the IUSR accounts on the machine.

    The only time it isn't a permissions problem is when the database file
    attributes are set to read-only.

    --
    HTH,
    Bob Barrows
    Bob Barrows, May 26, 2010

  3. Deep

    news Guest

    Hello vinod kumar

    See if this will assist you

    ==================================
    To fix this issue do the following

    Right click on your Database (Access in this case)
    (or) if you are dealing with a lot of database's or will be in the future,
    then
    Right click on the wwwroot (or) the website folder and perform the following
    (or)
    If you are going to store all your database's in a single location/folder
    Then Right click on that folder and perform the following.

    Go to: [Properties]
    Then choose the [Security] tab.

    Make sure that you have the [Internet Guest Account]
    Listed in the [Group or user names:] Area.
    If it is, then give it [Write] permissions.
    If it is not, then add it to the list.
    Then give it all permissions.

    Click on [Add]
    Click on [Advanced]
    Click on [Find Now]

    Choose:
    IUSER_Your-Computer-Name
    IWAM_Your-Computer-Name

    Click [OK]
    Then [OK]

    Give both accounts
    [Write] Permissions

    Click [Apply] then [OK]

    (If Security Tab is not available)
    In Windows Explorer, go to
    Tools/Folder Options/View and click to turn off 'Use simple file sharing' at
    the bottom of the list.

    www.picdrive.net
    Wayne
    news, May 27, 2010